This would be our only Burrito Bandit outing in 2013, and we talked about doing something again in 2014, but without the nasty portages. At the very least, I thought Gabbro Lake was an ideal spot, with a long but well-groomed portage to keep out the rif-raf. But Gary was already exploring an option with a unique twist of its own: an ideal area that doesn't take a portage, but instead utilizes a large shuttle boat to haul us and our canoes deep into the BWCA wilderness for over-the-top fishing, camping and no portages. Sounds intriguing! As Bilbo Baggins once said, "I think I'm quite ready for another adventure!"
Thanks again Gary for the detailed trip planning, and thanks to my fellow Bandits for the excellent memories and lost brain cells! As a parting treat, we have a very select few photos to share (probably a good thing), a music video that the Bandits put together to celebrate a beautiful sunset, and 19 minutes of full video. Click on each link below and enjoy!